Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Wednesday, Blackerby is joined by SEC Country Arkansas’ John Nabors. On episode 49, the experts talk about the matchup on Saturday between Auburn and Arkansas (7:30 p.m., SECN) and how Auburn should fare against its SEC West foe. Nabors also talks about a source who has told him that Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has a chance to coach Arkansas in the future.
Auburn football podcast: Gus Malzahn could be the next coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Zac Blackerby introduces the show and brings in John Nabors to discuss the game this weekend as well as the issues swirling around the Arkansas program.
- 6:20 mark: Arkansas is not a good football team, and the offensive line is one of the weaknesses. Blackerby and Nabors talk about the expectation of the Auburn defensive front going against the Arkansas offensive line.
- 12-minute mark: Nabors discusses the Arkansas opinion of Malzahn and how it is polarizing.
- 13:40 mark: There’s a chance that both Auburn and Arkansas have different coaches next football season. Nabors discusses a source who has said there is a good chance that Malzahn potentially becomes the next coach of the Razorbacks.
- 16-minute mark: If Malzahn becomes the coach at Arkansas, the experts believe that the Razorbacks get better. The two fan bases have different levels of expectations.
- 22-minute mark: Blackerby plays a preview of SEC Country’s Wizard of Odds as he and Nabors preview the Auburn and Arkansas game.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.