Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Wednesday, Blackerby is joined by former Auburn linebacker and safety Will Herring. On episode 53, Blackerby and Herring discus the prowess of Auburn’s defense as well as what a bye week entails for a player, and what the coaches are doing to focus on Texas A&M.
Herring played defensive back for Auburn and moved to linebacker for his senior season. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in 2007. He played for the New Orleans Saints and the St. Louis Rams.
Auburn football podcast: Will Herring discusses Tigers defense
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Herring talks about the Auburn defense and which players stand out.
- 10-minute mark: Herring talks about linebackers coach Travis Williams and shares conversations he has had with former teammates about Williams.
- 13-minute mark: Blackerby and Herring talk about the offense and Jarrett Stidham. Herring compares Stidham’s release to that of a Pro Bowl quarterback. He also talks about what Stidham needs to do to get better.
- 17-minute mark: The former Tigers standout shares stories about playing at LSU in response to the disspoainting loss against LSU a few weeks ago. He also points out that in his five years at Auburn, he played twice in Baton Rouge. Auburn did not win either game.
- 22-minute: The experts dicuss what Auburn is focusing on during its bye week.
- End of the show: Blackerby asks Herring what it is like as a player when the season begins to wind down and how he would handle it mentally.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.