Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Friday, Blackerby is joined by college football expert Phil Steele. On episode 55, Steele explains why he believes Auburn will beat Texas A&M and Georgia this season. Blackerby also gives his opinions on who benefits most from Auburn’s bye week.
Auburn football podcast: Phil Steele picks Tigers over Texas A&M and Georgia
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby asks Steele questions pertaining to the Auburn Tigers. Steele was ready to bring up and talk about Auburn’s second half against LSU. It surprised him. He said that is the one half of Auburn football this season he did not see coming.
- 5-minute mark: Blackerby and Steele discuss the ideal scenario for the Mississippi State-Texas A&M game from an Auburn standpoint.
- 8-minute mark: Steele talks about Auburn’s receivers and what they have done to impress him. He also points out where they need to improve.
- 9:30 mark: Steele explains why he is picking Georgia to lose against Auburn. He also explains how the Auburn defense is built to stop Alabama.
- 15-minute mark: Blackerby points out what defensive coordinator Kevin Steele said this week about Auburn’s defensive backs. Blackerby explains that the bye week will be huge for the whole unit.
- End of the show: Blackerby talks about how the Auburn wide receivers need to step up.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.