Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Monday, Blackerby is joined by Noah Gardner of ESPN 106.7, the ESPN radio affiliate in Auburn, Ala. On episode 46, the experts discuss Auburn’s crushing loss to LSU last Saturday as well as review what Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said after the game.
Auburn football podcast: Gus Malzahn is not saying the right things
Here are some time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Gardner discuss the disappointing loss on Saturday. Blackerby believes that what you say and do after tough situations defines who you are and what Malzahn said after the loss on Saturday was not what Auburn fans needed to hear.
- 4-minute mark: Malzahn said “Its not the end of the world” three times in his postgame press conference Saturday night. The experts break that down and the rest of the coach’s interesting takes and statements from after the game.
- 9-minute mark: Malzahn mentions that Auburn has not seen a big lead evaporate like it did against LSU on Saturday since he’s been at Auburn. Blackerby and Gardner discusses how that is false.
- 14-minute mark: Auburn’s running back situation continues to be an interesting ride. Running back Kam Pettway had 4 carries and gained just 7 yards in the Auburn loss. Malzahn talks about how that was part of the game plan. The experts talk about the Tigers’ backfield.
- 22-minute mark: Blackerby and Gardner discuss Auburn moving forward.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.