Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Friday, Blackerby is joined by SEC Country’s Lauren Shute. On episode 65, the experts discuss the history of the the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry between Auburn and Georgia. Shute said this could be a one-sided affair in favor of the home team.
Auburn football podcast: The weekend is finally here
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Zac Blackerby and Lauren Shute talk about her feature on Auburn safety Tray Matthews and his journey from Georgia to Auburn. Auburn has several players from Georgia who all have different things they want to prove in this big game.
- 4:30 mark: Shute predicts a blowout tomorrow. She says she believes Auburn will handle the top team in the country this weekend. She explains why.
- 14-minute mark: Defensive end Jeff Holland continues to make plays and not get talked about by the national media. The experts are blown away by it. They talk about how he is more valuable than Carl Lawson was last year.
- 18-minute mark: Shute says that Auburn has the chance to do a lot of things well against Georgia. Blackerby says that should happen but questions if it will or not. He still has a hard time trusting Gus Malzahn in big games.
- End of the show: Shute talks about being an AP voter and her perception of the College Football Playoff rankings.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.