AUBURN, Ala. — The bright spotlight continues to bounce around Auburn football’s wide receivers during the first half of 2017 spring practices.
On the sixth day of spring camp, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn talked a continued key absence, a return for the team’s top returning wideout and a nearly permanent move for a new player at the position.
SEC Country Auburn beat reporters Justin Ferguson and Lauren Shute talked Kyle Davis’ extended time away from the program due to “personal business,” the impact of Darius Slayton’s return to practice and John Franklin III’s potential at wide receiver during its spring practice video recap Tuesday night:
Auburn football spring practice: Day 6
- John Franklin III ‘will work primarily at wide receiver’ for rest of Auburn spring practice
- Auburn shifts focus to first scrimmage in return to spring practice
- Auburn sophomore WR Kyle Davis could miss all of spring practice with ‘personal business’
- What Gus Malzahn said in his Tuesday press conference
- Auburn spring practice observations: Tigers return from break for Day 6
- Auburn quarterback Tyler Queen announces decision to transfer
- What to watch for during the rest of Auburn spring practice