AUBURN, Ala. — Saturday was a day of firsts for the Auburn football program. The Tigers had their first scrimmage of 2017, and they put their projected starting quarterback in front of the media for the first time since his arrival on the Plains.
Jarrett Stidham took center stage for Auburn football inside Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday. The former Baylor quarterback led the Tigers’ first-team offense in an 11-on-11 scrimmage, and he fielded questions for what should be the first of many times in his Auburn career.
Here is what Stidham had to say in his first interview session with reporters:
Stidham’s performance, place in the quarterback battle and time with the media were among the many topics discussed in SEC Country’s video recap of spring scrimmage No. 1. Auburn reporters Justin Ferguson and Lauren Shute sorted out the news from the eighth day of camp and fielded reader questions:
Here is what Stidham had to say in front of the media
Auburn football spring practice: Day 8
- Jarrett Stidham can see himself becoming ‘the starting quarterback for the Auburn Tigers’
- Auburn quarterback Sean White remains positive during frustrating spring
- Auburn shifts from run-heavy style with ’40 percent’ pass plays in first scrimmage of 2017
- Gus Malzahn recaps Auburn football’s first scrimmage of 2017
- Auburn sophomore Tre’ Threat is a ‘natural’ in his new position at Buck
- Gus Malzahn’s message to experienced Auburn football team this spring: ‘No one has arrived’
- Why Auburn defensive end Marlon Davidson feels like he ‘can run down a leopard’ on the field