AUBURN, Ala. — Camron Johnson got an early look at Auburn and it appears the Tigers have taken a big jump on the receiver’s list.
The four-star receiver out of Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy visited Auburn on Saturday. The class of 2018 prospect has piled up six offers and more are sure to come as he approaches his junior season.
“They’re definitely a school I’m considering high up there,” Johnson said. “Today definitely helped it a lot to see (Auburn).”
Johnson holds offers from Auburn, Illinois, Louisville, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. It appears Clemson could offer soon based on his hopes to possibly visit the Tigers of the ACC this summer.
Auburn offered Johnson in January.
“They definitely have the best dorms I’ve seen,” Johnson said. “The facilities are top notch, of course, and everything being so close together was definitely nice to see.”
Johnson will visit Auburn again for a game in the fall, possibly for the season opener against Clemson. He connected with receivers coach Kodi Burns during his visit to the Plains.
“He definitely related to me a lot,” Johnson said. “He knew what it was like to be a multi-sport athlete, he played at Auburn, so to get some of his insight and some of his advice when it comes to the recruiting process and get to hang out with him was definitely an important experience.”
Johnson said he will likely wait to commit to a school in the summer of 2017.
Auburn’s recruiting weekend
- 4-star offensive tackle picks Auburn over Alabama
- 4-star quarterback Kellen Mond to choose between Auburn, Texas A&M soon
- 4-star receiver Hezekiah Jones enjoyed visit to Auburn ‘a lot’
- Auburn ‘winning the state’ in recruiting, says Tigers commit
- 4-star linebacker KJ Britt could delay decision
- Linebacker De’Andre Wilder visits Auburn, includes Tigers in top 5