Auburn basketball will visit Mississippi State on January 13, 2017. Find the game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
Auburn will wrap up one of the most memorable weeks in recent program history Saturday when it travels to Mississippi State for its fourth SEC game of the season.
The No. 22 Tigers cracked the AP Top 25 for the first time in 15 years Monday. They rallied from a double-digit deficit to beat Ole Miss on Tuesday. They picked up a 4-star commitment and got the NCAA verdict on center Austin Wiley on Thursday. Now, for Saturday, a trip to face an always dangerous Mississippi State team.
“They’re undefeated at home,” Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. “They’ve got 12 home wins, more than anybody in the country. They’re one of the better defensive teams in our league. Teams don’t score a lot of points against them. They don’t send teams to the foul line and we try to go to the foul line a lot, so that’s going to be an issue there.”
Auburn (15-1, 3-0 SEC) is shooting for its first 4-0 start in SEC play since 2003, which was the last time it was ranked and the last time it made the NCAA Tournament. The Tigers are one of just four one-loss teams left in college basketball. But that doesn’t mean the Tigers will overlook the Bulldogs (13-3, 1-2 SEC) one bit.
Mississippi State will roll out a tall lineup to face Auburn with two players standing at least 6-foot-10 — multiple inches taller than any eligible player on the Tigers’ roster. The Bulldogs will put Auburn’s interior defense up to one of its biggest tests of the season.
“If we don’t play up to our ability, we won’t win,” Pearl said. “We won’t have a chance to. There’s just no margin for error. We’re undersized. If we don’t shoot it, we won’t win it. … To go down to Mississippi State, we’re going to have to have to play great to have a chance to win.
“We’ve played a lot of great basketball. We’re capable of it. I don’t mind putting that pressure on. I want to put that pressure on them, because that’s the reality of it.”
Auburn-Mississippi State basketball game time, details
- Time: 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT
- Date: Saturday, Jan. 13, 2017
- Location: Humphrey Coliseum (Starkville, Miss.)
- Records: Auburn (15-1, 3-0 SEC), Mississippi State (13-3, 1-2 SEC)
- Line: Auburn by 2
What TV channel is Auburn-Mississippi State on?
You can watch Auburn vs. Mississippi State on SEC Network. Richard Cross and Barry Booker will be on the call.
How can I watch Auburn-Mississippi State online?
Stream Auburn-Mississippi State on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Auburn-Mississippi State on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn basketball and Mississippi State game with Rod Bramblett and Sonny Smith. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-Mississippi State preview
- If the Tigers beat the Bulldogs on Saturday, they will tie their longest winning streak since the 1999-00 season. Auburn has the nation’s second-longest active winning streak at 13 games.
- Auburn leads the all-time series against Mississippi State, 75-69. However, the Tigers haven’t won in Humphrey Coliseum since 2008.
- If Auburn beats Mississippi State, it will start 4-0 in SEC play for only the seventh time in school history.
- Auburn is 3-1 this season in games in which it has trailed by at least 10 points. Heading into this season, Auburn had only won four of its last 44 when facing such a deficit.
- Auburn center Anfernee McLemore leads the nation in block percentage at 17.7 percent, per KenPom. McLemore has 51 blocks this season.