Auburn basketball will host Ole Miss on January 9, 2018. Find the game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
AUBURN, Ala., — Auburn surprised the Southeastern Conference twice in one week as SEC play got underway.
The Tigers handed Tennessee another tough loss on the road before returning home to Auburn Arena and defeating Arkansas.
Both games were different, but each one required a complete team effort from Bruce Pearl’s squad. Nothing will change during the Tigers’ mid-week matchup against Mississippi.
“We’ve played well against Ole Miss,” Pearl said. “We’ve just not been able to finish. They’ve come back from 20-point deficits twice already this year. They came back last year. We had them down 20 in the second half and they came back and won that game. They’re a very, very dangerous team. Great in transition. They’re just never out of it.”
While sophomores Jared Harper and Mustapha Heron have been instrumental in Auburn’s success (Heron was named the SEC Player of the Week on Monday morning), transfers and freshmen have been equally as important.
Desean Murray, who’s acquired the nickname “Little Charles Barkley,” leads Auburn with 7.3 rebounds per game, giving the Tigers an edge they’ve been lacking. Chuma Okeke and Davion Mitchell have stepped right into the SEC in fearless fashion.
“And then the four newcomers we brought all came in [and were like], ‘What do you need? What can we do to help?'” Pearl said. “Not coming in as newcomers and saying, ‘Here I am. OK, get me the ball.'”
Ole Miss came back to beat Auburn by 3 on the Tigers’ home floor last January and then handed Pearl’s team a six-point loss in Oxford, Miss. Revenge will be a motivating factor for Auburn on Tuesday evening.
Auburn-Ole Miss basketball game time, details
- Time: 9 p.m. ET
- Date: Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018
- Location: Auburn Arena (Auburn, Ala.)
- Records: No. 22 Auburn (14-1, 2-0 SEC), Ole Miss (9-6, 2-1 SEC)
What TV channel is Auburn-Ole Miss on?
You can watch Auburn vs. Ole Miss on ESPNU. Rich Hollenberg and Debbie Antonelli will be on the call.
How can I watch Auburn-Ole Miss online?
Stream Auburn-Ole Miss on the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Auburn-Ole Miss on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn basketball game with Rod Bramblett and Sonny Smith. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-Ole Miss preview
- Earlier this week, Auburn landed in the AP Top 25 for the first time since Jan. 20, 2003, with its highest ranking since Feb. 28, 2000.
- The Auburn Tigers’ 14-1 start is the first since the 1999-2000 season (16-1).
- Four Auburn starters — Harper, Heron, Desean Murray and Bryce Brown, — average double-digits in scoring. Three Ole Miss starters — Deandre Burnett, Terence Davis and Markel Crawford — lead the way for Andy Kennedy’s team.
- If Auburn beats Ole Miss, it will start 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2002-03. The two teams have met 134 times and Auburn leads the series (73-60). The Tigers also hold a 49-15 advantage on The Plains.