Auburn quarterback Tyler Queen sat out practice Tuesday with his right arm in a sling.
Queen underwent elbow surgery last fall and was said to have been cleared by doctors two weeks ago, but that apparently is no longer the case following a full-contact scrimmage Saturday. Queen, who was tackled during the scrimmage, sat out Tuesday’s drills.
Queen was on a “pitch count” of 50 throws per practice, but was cleared to participate in contact drills. Queen and John Franklin III were tackled during the scrimmage Saturday.
All eyes were on the quarterbacks following Auburn’s second scrimmage of the spring, and the coaches continued to mix things up with the lineup. John Franklin III worked with the second-team offense in pace drills; Sean White worked with the third-team unit and Jeremy Johnson worked with the starters.
The interesting news on defense is that freshman Marlon Davidson continues to work with the first-team defensive line and was spotted on the edge. Meanwhile, Austin Golson and Darius James continue to work at left tackle.
A few more observations from Auburn’s open portion of practice Tuesday:
- The first-team offensive line, from left to right: Austin Golson, Alex Kozan, Xavier Dampeer, Braden Smith and Robert Leff.
- First-team defensive line: Carl Lawson, Montravius Adams, Dontavius Russell, Marlon Davidson.
- Second-team offensive line: Darius James, Marquel Harrell, Kaleb Kim, Mike Horton, Tyler Carr.
- Second-team defensive line: Jeff Holland, Devaroe Lawrence, Maurice Swain, Paul James III.
- Third-team offensive line: Bailey Sharp, Deon Mix, Tucker Brown, Ryan Meneely, Jordan Diamond.
- First-team receivers: Ryan Davis, Landon Rice, Tony Stevens.
- First-team cornerbacks: Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis.
- First-team running back: Jovon Robinson.
- First-team fullback: Chandler Cox.
- Second-team running back: Kamryn Pettway.
- Third-team running back: C.J. Tolbert.
- First-team linebackers: Tre’ Williams and Darrell Williams.
- First-team safeties: Stephen Roberts and Nick Ruffin.
- Second-team linebackers: Deshaun Davis and Montavious Atkinson.
- Second-team safeties: Markell Boston and T.J. Davis.
- Roc Thomas and Rudy Ford worked first-team kick return and Jason Smith and Stephen Roberts worked second-team return.
- Former Auburn linebacker Cassanova McKinzy watched practice from the sidelines.