A fire sprung up next to Jordan-Hare Stadium at Auburn on Monday morning, but there was reportedly no damage to the stadium.
The Auburn Fire Department responded to a blaze that started outside the stadium Monday around 10:45 a.m. CT, according to Eagle Eye TV’s Katherine Neil. Battalion chief William Sport told reporters a construction crew was doing some welding work at the stadium, and some wind caused grass, shrubbery and debris nearby to catch fire.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames soon after arriving. No injuries or damage to the stadium have been reported.
Take a look at some photos and video from the incident:
— WarBlogle.com (@WarBlogle) April 10, 2017
There is a fire crew hosing down shrubbery on the side of Jordan-Hare Stadium. Alarms are going off. pic.twitter.com/HGb7aFJk3X
— Lily Jackson (@lilyjackson_au) April 10, 2017
Fire outside Jordan-Hare Stadium caused when wind and welding construction combined to set shrub outside the stadium to catch fire. pic.twitter.com/Tl5ZXOKXQw
— Kris Martins (@krisssmm) April 10, 2017
— Lilia Malavé Gómez (@LiliaMalave) April 10, 2017
This story will be updated.