In NFL Week 7, Auburn saw one of its former kickers lead his team to victory. Miami Dolphins kicker Cody Parkey made a 39-yard field goal with just 22 seconds left. The kick gave Miami a 31-28 victory over the New York Jets. It was Parkey’s second straight week with a game-winning field goal.
— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) October 22, 2017
Here is how other former Auburn players fared in the NFL this past weekend:
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton went 21 of 34 for 211 yards and 2 interceptions as the Panthers lost to the Chicago Bears, 17-3.
- Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Pat Sims had 8 tackles in a 29-14 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Also for the Bengals, outside linebacker Carl Lawson had a tackle and a quarterback hit, while tight end C.J. Uzomah made 1 catch for 7 yards.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Ricardo Louis had 3 catches for 21 yards in a 12-9 overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby had 2 tackles in a 33-0 loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Also for the Cardinals, linebacker Josh Bynes had a pass breakup. For the Rams, defensive back Blake Countess delivered 2 tackles.
- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Quan Bray had 3 kickoff returns totaling 75 yards in a 27-0 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Bray also caught 2 passes for 17 yards.
- On the other side, Jaguars running back Corey Grant had 8 yards on 6 carries and caught a 28-yard pass.
- New England Patriots cornerback Jonathan Jones had 1 tackle and 1 pass deflection in a 23-7 win against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Green Bay Packers safety Jermaine Whitehead got called up from the practice squad before a 26-17 loss to New Orleans.