Here’s what Malzahn said after practice on Thursday:
- Day two of practice was the exact same set up as day one.
- “Good to be outside, it was extremely hot, extremely humid.”
- Malzahn says he got good information on young players — who are extremely talented — and is encouraged with their talent.
- “Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson had very good days.”
- Says freshman Malik Miller is another young guy who stood out in a positive way during the first two days of camp. Mentions Chandler Cox as well.
- Marshall Taylor, a graduate transfer defensive back from Miami (Ohio), is taking care of some personal business.
- Kerryon has put on a lot of muscle, Malzahn pointed out. “Has a year under his belt of knowing what’s going on and is more confident.”
- Quarterbacks are “rolling up their sleeves and trying to win the job. They are much improved from the spring and it will be good competition.”
- Touches on players being able to participate immediately in fall camp, says it is a credit to coaching staff and the player’s families.
- Says T.J. Neal (Illinois transfer) is a veteran guy and is “looking forward to seeing him in pads.”
- On Tre Williams: “He’s one of our defensive leaders and we feel very good about him leading our defense.”
- “This fall camp, we’re moving some pieces around and trying dome different things.”
NEXT Look: Auburn fan trolls Alabama with ridiculous car decorations