AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn forced a series-deciding Game 3 with a 4-1 victory today in its Super Regional against Arizona.
The teams face off in a winner-take-all Game 3 at 5:15 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on ESPNU. You can also follow along below for live updates and analysis from Jane B. Moore Field.
Auburn 6, Arizona 1 (7th inning)
- Auburn gets out of trouble and ends the threat to advance to the Women’s College World Series for the second straight season.
- Bases are loaded for Arizona, which is out-hitting Auburn in the game. There are no outs and the Tigers are facing a big jam. They are three outs away from the Women’s College World Series.
- Arizona’s Tamara Statman starts the inning with a single up the middle.
Auburn 6, Arizona 1 (6th inning)
- Emily Carosone’s RBI single up the middle gives Auburn a 6-1 lead with two outs.
- With two outs, Arizona sends lefty Taylor McQuillin to the circle.
- Kaylee Carlson manages to coax a groundout on the next batter to minimize the damage. Auburn is three outs away from the Women’s College World Series.
- Nancy Bowling drives in a run while facing an 0-2 count with two outs. Clutch hitting for the Wildcats, who have runners on first and second.
Auburn 5, Arizona 0 (5th inning)
- Haley Fagan drills a solo home run over the left-field wall to give Auburn a 5-0 lead with two outs. It’s the first homer of the season for Fagan, who didn’t return to the lineup from knee surgery until the SEC Tournament. That’s the first home run for Fagan since May 16, 2015 against South Alabama in Auburn’s regional last season.
— ESPNU (@ESPNU) May 29, 2016
- Auburn gets out of trouble and Arizona remains scoreless.
Auburn 4, Arizona 0 (4th inning)
- New Arizona pitcher is Nancy Bowling. Danielle O’Toole’s line after three innings: three hits, four runs (two earned) to go along with two strikeouts, two wild pitches and two hit batsmen.
- Arizona led off the inning with a double, but Kaylee Carlson worked out of trouble and Arizona failed to score.
Auburn 4, Arizona 0 (3rd inning)
- A nice fielder’s choice by Carlee Wallace moves runners and a throwing error by third baseman Katiyana Mauga allows two runs to score. Auburn takes a 4-0 lead. An Emily Carosone double moved a runner to third with one out.
- Arizona gets a runner on first base with two outs, but Auburn gets out of trouble. Both teams with one hit, but Auburn leads.
Auburn 2, Arizona 0 (2nd inning)
- Auburn goes down in order. Nice recovery by Arizona lefty Danielle O’Toole.
- Arizona goes down in order again thanks to some nice infield defense by the Tigers. Arizona, however, is making good contact.
Auburn 2, Arizona 0 (1st inning)
- Carlee Wallace’s sac fly to center scores a runner from third and Auburn leads Arizona 2-0 with one out and a runner on first.
- Kasey Cooper’s RBI double to left brings in Tiffany Howard from second base and Auburn grabs a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first. Howard reached base when she was hit by a pitch. She advanced to second on a wild pitch by Danielle O’Toole.
- Arizona goes down in order after making some contact in the infield, but Auburn’s infield was ready.
Kaylee Carlson (16-2, 2.17 ERA), the loser in Game 1 of the series, will start for Auburn in the circle. Arizona counters with Danielle O’Toole, the left-hander who held Auburn to two hits Saturday night. She gave up four runs in Game 2 earlier today.