AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn looks to cap its regional with a victory against Jacksonville State to advance to its second consecutive Super Regional.
Auburn needs to win only one game today, while Jacksonville State needs to win two games.
Live inning-by-inning updates will be provided below:
Auburn run-rules Jacksonville State and will host a super regional next week. Read the full story.
Auburn 14, Jacksonville State 2 (4th inning)
- Emily Carosone’s single through the right side brings in two more runs and Auburn is cruising.
- JSU’s third error of the day leads to yet another Auburn run as Victoria Draper reaches after a muffed throw to first base allows Auburn to move along the base paths.
Auburn 11, Jacksonville State 1 (3rd inning)
- Back-to-back doubles by Emily Carosone and Kasey Cooper drives in another run for Auburn, which goes ahead 11-1 with one out. The Tigers have 10 hits today.
- Tiffany Howard’s second career home run is also her first grand slam, breaking this game open with one out in the top of the third inning. Howard, usually a slap hitter, hit her first career home run in the SEC Tournament last week.
— ESPNU (@ESPNU) May 22, 2016
- Jacksonville State walks in a run to make it 6-1 Auburn.
Auburn 5, Jacksonville State 1 (2nd inning)
- JSU’s Stephanie Lewis leads off the bottom half of the inning with a solo home run over the right field wall.
- A wild pitch allows Kasey Cooper to score and Carlee Wallace nearly made it 6-0 with a steal of her own, but she was thrown out at home plate.
- New JSU pitcher is right-hander Taylor West (17-5, 2.54 ERA). She replaces Whitney Gillespie, who had thrown 345 pitches over the last two days.
Auburn 4, Jacksonville State 0 (1st inning)
- Madi Gipson drops a single in front of the center fielder after a double steal, allowing two more runs to score as Auburn takes a 4-0 lead. All runs have been scored with two outs.
- Jade Rhodes soft bouncer to third base is fielded, but the fielder throws it high, allowing Rhodes to reach safely as another run crosses home plate with two outs.
- Courtney Shea’s long at-bat results in a sharp hit to left, which is mishandled by the left fielder, allowing a run to score from second base. Auburn takes an early 1-0 lead with two outs.