Richard Jibunor has the potential to contribute in a big way for the Auburn Tigers.
Jibunor, a 6-foot-3 athlete from Athens, Ga., won’t set foot on campus for months, but he already has developed special bonds with important players in the program. He is expected to sign with the Tigers on Wednesday and enroll after he graduates from Athens Christian in May.
Here’s all you need to know about Auburn’s lively linebacker from the Class of 2018:
4-star OLB Richard Jibunor
247Sports Composite ranking: No. 13 athlete, No. 32 in Georgia, No. 291 overall
Hometown: Athens, Ga.
School: Athens Christian
Weight: 206 pounds
Offers: 18, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF
Commitment: Nov. 23, 2017
Where he fits at Auburn: Jibunor could have an immediate impact during his first season on The Plains. While he has the potential to play in several spots, he’ll likely see significant time at linebacker. He could also contribute on special teams. Similar to his friend Prince Tega Wanogho, Jibunor grew up playing basketball and soccer. Though he’s still raw, he is one of the top prospects in Georgia and should benefit greatly from playing for Auburn’s defensive staff.
What we’ve written about Richard Jibunor
- Nigerian linebacker Richard Jibunor narrows in on favorites with Auburn in safe position
- Richard Jibunor explains potential plan to wait, take visits to Florida, Auburn and Tennessee
- Top defensive target Richard Jibunor plans Auburn return, sets Florida visit
- Auburn target Richard Jibunor explains decision-making process for hot-seat recruit
- Top LB target Richard Jibunor enjoys visit to spend time with close friend Prince Tega Wanogho
- Top Auburn defensive target Richard Jibunor talks ‘wild summer’ ahead
- What to make of Auburn target Richard Jibunor’s response to his Florida visit
- VIDEO: 5 things to know about new Auburn commit Richard Jibunor
Richard Jibunor highlights