AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football has a clear favorite in its quarterback battle, but coach Gus Malzahn has kept it going into the second week of fall camp. SEC Country’s Justin Ferguson and Lauren Shute discuss the competition and more in the inaugural episode of Sound Off.
Feel free to skip around the video above to whatever topics interest you the most … though we know the most diehard Tigers fans will watch the whole thing.
Here are a handful of timestamps to guide you.
- 0:13: The Tigers entered the second week of fall camp without a decision on its starting quarterback. While both coaches and teammates spoke highly of Jarrett Stidham and Sean White in Week 1, the former Baylor quarterback has taken most of the first-team reps again in practices.
- 3:35: Auburn has plenty of depth and experience on the offensive line. The Tigers return three starters up front, but one move on the inside from a pair of graduate transfers could change everything. Offensive line coach Herb Hand has a lot of mixing and matching to do over the next few weeks.
- 6:30 Kevin Steele turned Auburn’s defense into a force in his first season. But without Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams up front and a couple of starters missing in the secondary, how much more improvement can this defense make in 2017?
Check back to SEC Country all season for everything you need to know about Auburn football, including weekly videos from Lauren and Justin breaking down the biggest Tigers stories of the year.
- Auburn’s defense wants to make life tough for Jarrett Stidham, Sean White
- ‘Not tough at all’ for Auburn football receivers to develop chemistry with QBs
- Versatile Sal Cannella brings new ‘attitude and edge’ to Auburn football’s offense
- From front to back, Auburn football’s defense expects to be one of nation’s best
- Montavious Atkinson wants to be more than just an energy guy for Auburn