AUBURN, Ala. — The A-Day game is just around the corner and excitement is growing for Auburn football players.
After weeks of facing off against teammates in practice, players will finally have an audience and a chance to show what they’ve been working on this spring.
Gus Malzahn’s team had its second scrimmage in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Though it was a shorter scrimmage (about 55 plays), the head coach said he was pleased with the competitiveness on both sides.
SEC Country Auburn beat reporters Justin Ferguson and Lauren Shute talked about why the Tigers defense has had a slight edge this spring and what fans can expect to see at the spring game in a spring practice video recap on Saturday afternoon:
Auburn football spring practice: Day 11
- Despite quick rise to 1st team, Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham stays ‘hard on himself’ in practices
- Pressure to replace Montravius Adams, Carl Lawson spurs defensive line to strong scrimmages
- Auburn quarterback Sean White will not participate in A-Day spring game next week
- Auburn’s top offensive line target Richard Courage enjoys visit, hopes to return for A-Day
- Live updates: Gus Malzahn recaps Auburn football’s final scrimmage before A-Day
- Malik Willis’ high school tight end Tyneil Hopper makes another visit, has growing interest in Auburn