CHAMPAIGN, Illinois — Come May 14, T.J. Neal will not be getting much sleep.
The Illinois linebacker will walk at graduation set for 4:30 p.m. CT, grab his bachelor’s degree, celebrate with family and then travel to Auburn with all of his possessions — and his girlfriend and 7-month-old daughter — for a 10-hour drive through the night.
Until then, Neal is waiting impatiently for the next step in his life as a graduate transfer. He welcomed SEC Country into his home for an exclusive one-on-one interview (more stories to come), and fans got a chance to ask him questions on Periscope. Check out what he said in the video above.
Some of the questions include:
- Is the Big Ten catching up with the SEC?
- Who was the hardest player to tackle during his time at Illinois?
- How deep will Auburn be at linebacker this season?
- Will you beat Alabama in November?
- What do you like about linebacker coach Travis Williams?
- What number will you wear?
We’ll have more from our visit with Neal later this week at SECCountry.com.