So much for the dead period. Tuesday was jam-packed with recruiting news for the Florida Gators. Coach Jim McElwain met with media shortly after missing out on a 5-star prospect, but his day ended with a commitment that will make life a lot easier for him in 2016 and years to come.
Here are 10 things to know:
- Florida landed the kicker it so desperately needed after a season full of field-goal woes.
- The Gators missed out on a 5-star quarterback Jacob Eason, who chose to stick with UGA.
- How Eason’s decision impacts Florida’s future at quarterback.
- Did Florida cornerback Jalen Tabor troll Eason after he spurned the Gators?
- Florida signed quarterbacks Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask for early enrollment, as well as athlete McArthur Burnett.
- This defensive end calls himself a “soft commit” to Florida.
- A Gators wide receiver commit is still weighing his options.
- Late Florida offer excites linebacker from Georgia, could change decision timeline.
- A 4-star defensive end released his loaded top 8.
- An elite receiver lists Florida among his top schools.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The Gators will take advantage of extra practices for bowl … eventually (Anthony Chiang/Palm Beach Post)
- Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III was named to the Sporting News All-America first team (Matt Hayes/Sporting News)