For fans wondering if a 27-2 loss against Florida State would hurt the future of Florida football got their answer on Sunday. It doesn’t. The Gators picked up three commitments a day after one of the ugliest games Florida has played in recent memory. What’s better than that, the Gators signed arguably their most important target.
Here are 11 things to know:
- Florida picked up a 6-foot-6, 4-star QB who was once committed to LSU. Needless to say, this was huge for the program.
- The Gators flipped a Miami offensive line commit
- One of the top junior college prospects also committed to Florida. For those bad at math, the Gators picked up three commitments on Sunday, one day after getting embarrassed from Florida State.
- Florida is a huge betting line underdog in the SEC Championship game
- Florida plummeted in the latest AP Poll rankings
- Five things we learned from the Gators’ loss against the Seminoles
- Florida must shake “little brother” label in the SEC Championship game
- Florida alumni spoke out on Twitter after the loss to Florida State. Some of these reactions were brutally honest.
- These game grades after the FSU game won’t get it done against Alabama
- Alabama kicker commit posts photo with Jim McElwain day after coach acknowledges major concerns at position
- Nation’s No. 1 outside linebacker has set his commitment date, and the Gators have a good chance at landing him
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- How coaching searches could affect Jim McElwain’s staff (Adam Silverstein, OnlyGators)
- Nick Saban is wary of a ‘dangerous’ Florida team (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
The best stories around the SEC
- UGA has fired Mark Richt
- Potential landing spots for Richt if he decides to coach
- Pair of reported SEC coaching targets are officially off the market
- Jim McElwain thinks Alabama’s Kirby Smart will make a great head coach
- SEC schools have a tough battle with Michigan for nation’s No. 1 prospect