We are one day away from Florida potentially clinching the SEC East and a spot in the SEC Championship game. Before the season started, there were a lot of question marks with this roster and a lot of doubt on Jim McElwain’s ability to lead the Gators. In Year 1, McElwain has already proved that Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley made the right decision to bring in the coach from Colorado State.
Here are two things you need to know today:
- Florida will definitely make the Playoff if these four things happen. The Gators just need to continue to take care of business and let the chips fall where they do.
- For one Gator, this weekend’s game against Vanderbilt is especially meaningful. I wonder if McElwain will play him at all this Saturday.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Just how good is Antonio Callaway? Check this out. (Jesse Simonton, Miami Herald)
- Jim McElwain is welcoming the Playoff buzz around the Florida program (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
The best stories around the SEC
- UGA’s Mark Richt tweets that Jeremy Pruitt “is in the office working diligently”
- Which SEC team is on upset alert this weekend?
- Alabama coach Nick Saban admits to stealing opposing team’s signals, but only in the NFL.
- Report: LSU running back Leonard Fournette’s family may have violated NCAA rules.
- Les Miles never fails when it comes to weekly quotables. Check out the best of what the Mad Hatter said this week leading up to the Alabama game. Next week we’ll see what he says leading up to the Arkansas game.