Spring football is just around the corner, Gators fans, but there was plenty of news occurring in Gainesville, Fla., over the weekend.
Here are two things to know:
- Get ready for spring practice to kickoff with a glance at what Florida’s defense could look like next season. Will the Gators be able to rely on their defense in 2016?
- Florida defensive end CeCe Jefferson was very productive during his first season in Gainesville, but Jefferson believes there is plenty more to come.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida will be the No. 8 seed in the SEC basketball tournament in Nashville this week. The Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang examined what the Gators must do to get into the NCAA Tournament.
- Of course, the Gators will have to take it one game at a time. Gainesville.com’s Kevin Brockway breaks down Florida’s first opponent, Arkansas.
The best stories around the SEC
- Peyton Manning is retiring after an incredible NFL career. He will go down as the highest paid player of all time.
- Auburn wide receiver Duke Williams will reportedly participate in Auburn’s Pro Day.
- Former Auburn running back Tre Mason was arrested for resisting arrest, reckless driving and other charges on Saturday.
- Take a look at our predictions for the SEC’s postseason basketball awards.