Florida coach Jim McElwain and three players — offensive lineman Martez Ivey, defensive back Duke Dawson and safety Marcell Harris — made their appearance at the 2017 SEC Media Days in Hoover, Ala., on Tuesday.
Below is a look at all of our coverage of the event. This page will be updated as more stories roll in throughout the day.
- What we learned about the Florida Gators at SEC Media Days.
- Florida players weigh in on the quarterback battle between Malik Zaire and Feleipe Franks.
- A Q&A with Florida’s player representatives on the main questions surrounding the team.
- Interviews with McElwain and SEC Network analyst Marcus Spears on our daily podcast.
- McElwain on the Gators’ depth at quarterback: “For the first time, our room is really good.”
- McElwain had a “classic” exchange with Steve Spurrier before SEC Media Days.
- Highlights of McElwain’s comments both from his appearance on SEC Now and his main press conference.
- SEC Network analyst Booger McFarland said McElwain has a chip on his shoulder despite winning the SEC East in both of his first two seasons at Florida.
- McElwain still gets visibly frustrated when asked about the infamous shark photo. Ivey, on the other hand, said he knew it wasn’t McElwain because “that dude was super fat.”
- SEC Network analyst Marcus Spears said Florida still has “off the chart” athletes on defense despite losing eight starters.
- McElwain said that no decision has been made about Antonio Callaway’s status for the season opener against Michigan.
- McElwain was noncommittal about the status of wide receiver signee James Robinson, who is still not enrolled at Florida.
- Top recruit T.J. Slaton is working at defensive tackle despite the media guide roster saying otherwise.
- SEC Network analysts agree that Jordan Scarlett is a premier running back in the SEC.
- SEC analysts have mixed opinions on graduate transfer quarterback Zaire.