Good morning, Gator fans.
It wasn’t the best weekend for Florida and Jim McElwain’s football squad, as two players announced they were leaving the program. The basketball team also had a rough time. We’ll catch you up to speed.
Here are three things to know:
- Selection Sunday was yesterday, but the men’s basketball team didn’t make the cut for the big dance. The Gators will head to the NIT instead.
- An offensive lineman announced he’s transferring.
- Florida is also losing a kicker.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Before the aforementioned offensive lineman announced he was transferring, GatorCountry’s Nick De La Torre wrote that the offensive line is in fact where Florida will have quite a bit of depth this season.
- More on Florida missing out on an NCAA Tournament bid, from the Palm Beach Post’s Anthony Chiang.
The best stories around the SEC
- Here are the three SEC teams that did get an invitation to the big dance.
- LSU has decided to not play in the postseason after it wasn’t invited to the NCAA Tournament. The Tigers’ 2015-16 season is officially over.
- A former Mississippi State football star was recently arrested for a DUI.
- One could make the case that Kentucky deserved a higher seed than it got on Selection Sunday.
- Les Miles has made it perfectly clear how he feels about this elite cornerback.