Good morning, Gators fans. A talented dual-threat quarterback has expressed interest in Florida, and one of the school’s new quarterbacks said a Super Bowl champion urged him to finish his college career in Gainesville. More on that below.
Here are three things to know:
- When Austin Appleby was looking to transfer from Purdue, he sought advice from an ex-NFL quarterback, who pushed the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder to join UF.
- A three-star athlete/dual-threat quarterback in the Class of 2017 listed Florida on his top eight.
- One of Florida’s three commits in the Class of 2017 said he’s still interested in other schools, including four SEC programs.
Other Florida news from around the Internet:
- JUCO transfer Mark Thompson is more than meets the eye, writes GatorCountry.com’s Kevin Camps.
- Anthony Chiang of the Palm Beach Post reports that Florida expects an improved run game with its potential three-headed attack.
The best stories around the SEC:
- A four-star defensive end enjoyed his visit to Alabama more than his trip to Auburn.
- LSU is hosting no shortage of five-star recruits.
- One of Mississippi State’s best wide receivers will miss the rest of spring practice with an injury.