3 things every Florida fan needs to know today
The College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night, and Florida is inside the Top 10. As I have previously mentioned, if Florida were to win out (that includes the SEC Championship game), then the Gators should be one of the four Playoff teams. So which nine teams are currently ahead of the Gators?
Here are three things to know:
- Florida is ranked 10th in the first Playoff rankings of the season. Check out who is ahead of Florida.
- Florida and Alabama are “very close,” according to the Playoff committee. Excuse me, but how is losing to Ole Miss a better loss than Florida’s to LSU? Did the Playoff committee happpen to forget that the Gators dominated Ole Miss this season?
- Florida is projected to play in a New Year’s Six bowl. Some of these matchups would be incredible to watch.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Linebackers Jarrad Davis and Antonio Morrison have emerged as the heart and soul of the Gators defense. (Robbie Andreu, Gainesville Sun)
- Cornerback Jalen Tabor is making his mark opposite of Vernon Hargreaves. (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
The best stories around the SEC
- Check out what the national media had to say about the CFP rankings. It looks like there is a lot of animosity toward the Crimson Tide.
- Wild Hog scenario: How Arkansas can win the SEC West
- Leonard Fournette’s Heisman odds decrease, but he remains the overwhelming favorite
- The first College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night. Six SEC teams were in the top 25.