Happy Thursday, Gators fans. Florida doesn’t play many neutral-site games — outside of bowl games — but a report on Wednesday surfaced that the Gators may be renewing their rivalry with an in-state foe in 2019.
Here are the four things Florida fans need to know today:
- Are Florida and Miami close to agreeing to a neutral-site game in 2019? The last time the two teams played was in 2013.
- Gators legend Emmitt Smith was back on the sidelines this past weekend. Needless to say, the team was fired up. I love Alex McCalister’s quote.
- Florida is winning on the recruiting trail thanks to a hot start. This is uber important. The best recruits want to play for the best teams. Keep winning and the talent will migrate to Gainesville.
- This quote on Missouri from former Florida linebacker Michael Taylor is outstanding. You just have to read it.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Gainesville Sun: Jonathan Bullard’s decision to return to Florida is paying dividends for the Gators. There’s no doubt about it — Bullard has been a force on Florida’s elite defensive line.
- ESPN: Is Florida the favorite to win the SEC now? There’s still a long way to go, but if the Gators continue playing at a high level, they have to be one of the teams to beat.
- Gator Country: One of Florida’s most vocal commits is focused on being a Gators fan. This kid is going to be a stud on the next level.