A day after receiving SEC Coach of the Year honors, Florida’s Jim McElwain had two of his true freshmen recognized by league coaches. Meanwhile, McElwain made his final pitch to a 5-star recruit and a top-100 overall prospect named the Gators a finalist.
Here are four things you need to know today:
- Florida’s Martez Ivey and CeCe Jefferson, former five-star recruits, were named to the 2015 All-Freshmen team.
- McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier had an in-home visit with 5-star quarterback and UGA commit Jacob Eason, their final face-to-face meeting with him before his final decision.
- Shavar Manuel, a 4-star defensive tackle, named Florida in his final group and also swapped an SEC school for one of the Gators’ rivals.
- SEC Country gives 3 reasons why Florida’s offense should improve in 2016.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Gators sell out ticket allotment for Jan. 1 Citrus Bowl (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
- McElwain there to support players considering NFL Draft (Thomas Goldkamp, 247Sports)
The best stories around the SEC
- Alabama’s Derrick Henry wins Maxwell Award, the first RB in 13 years to do so
- Texas A&M QB Kyle Allen announces he will transfer
- Report: Auburn’s next DC expected to be Florida State assistant coach, former Tigers player
- Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell undecided on turning pro or returning for senior season