Florida coach Jim McElwain is doing everything he can to avoid the predicament he faced in 2015.
After having just two scholarship quarterbacks in eight games this past season, McElwain wants as many options as possible next fall. Another player joined the roster Monday, giving the Gators five QB’s for spring practice.
Three of the new signal callers, including the latest addition, are 6-foot-5 or taller.
Here are four things to know:
- Florida continued building its quarterback depth chart for 2016, landing a graduate transfer with two years of experience as a Big 10 starter.
- One of UF’s top juniors officially declared for the NFL draft Monday.
- An elite wide receiver from South Florida will visit the Gators before making his decision.
- A UGA commit is keeping his options open and plans to take a trip to Florida this month.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Five questions facing Florida this offseason (Edward Aschoff/ESPN)
- Antonneous Clayton primed to be next great Gators defender (Chris Hays, Orlando Sentinel)