It’s recruit daily or die for Jim McElwain and his staff this month, and the Florida coaches have been on the road relentlessly.
They made another round of stops Thursday to see their top remaining targets as well as some 2017 prospects. UF also offered the No. 1 overall player in the country.
McElwain checked in from the recruiting trail before hitting the sack.
Having an awesome time on the road. It's evident now more than ever – it's a great time to be a Florida Gator! #GoGators
— Jim McElwain (@CoachMcElwain) January 22, 2016
Here are four things to know:
- The Gators visited several elite recruits on Thursday, including a four-star wide receiver who eliminated them this week.
- Florida’s three-star commits are proving to be better than their rating.
- The top recruit for the class of 2018 received an offer from UF, and he plays an important position.
- The prospect McElwain visited Thursday night has already graduated from high school. Why wasn’t he an early enrollee?
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Seven former Florida players competing in all-star games (Thomas Goldkamp/247Sports)
- Vernon Hargreaves III named to the SB Nation All-America team (Nick Polak/Alligator Army)