Happy Hump Day, Florida fans! Tuesday was a relatively quiet day around Gainesville, so this batch of daily links is short and sweet.
Here are four things to know:
- Jim McElwain has a new coach from Alabama.
- The Gators will replace five defensive starters this season. Defensive coordinator Geoff Collins wants 2016’s unit to be even better than 2015’s.
- One recruit was extremely impressed with his visit to Florida.
- The SEC landed just three schools in the big dance. That’s not enough in commissioner Greg Sankey’s mind.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Get the latest on your Florida recruiting news from Campus Insiders’ Robert Judin.
- Cece Jefferson will be tasked with filling the void Jonathan Bullard leaves behind. It’s going to be an adjustment, but the Gators seem optimistic so far, GatorCountry’s Nick De La Torre wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Spring practice is underway at UGA. Check out what Kirby Smart is saying and what’s going on in Athens.
- One SEC school suspended five players right before the team opened NIT play.
- LSU struggled mightily in the SEC Tournament. Coach Johnny Jones said he was embarrassed with the way the Tigers played when they were eliminated.
- Don’t listen to this eBay rumor.