Good morning, Gators fans. Florida’s spring practice continued on Wednesday and a number of big names were in attendance — including an NFL head coach and a Hollywood star.
Here are five things to know:
- Jack Del Rio took in Wednesday’s practice to watch his son, redshirt sophomore Luke Del Rio, compete for UF’s starting quarterback job. The Oakland Raiders coach even brought along an Oscar-winning actor.
- The younger Del Rio believes the winding road to Florida was meant to be.
- Steve Spurrier was in Gainesville, too.
- The Gators hosted three top recruits on Wednesday.
- Knox Bardeen breaks down the winners and losers from Florida’s Pro Day.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Jim McElwain plans to scope out Southwest Florida next month, writes the News-Press’ Craig Handel.
- Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley sheds some light on Will Grier’s decision to transfer.
The best stories around the SEC
- At Tennessee, receptions are up for grabs for a trio of talented receivers.
- Paul Finebaum’s greatest SEC quarterback bracket is down to the Final Four, and a former Gator is still in the mix.
- A look at five SEC starters who will have to fight to maintain their positions in 2016.
- Clemson is emerging as a formidable threat to the SEC when it comes to recruiting.