4 things every Florida fan needs to know today
By now, everyone is looking forward to Saturday. But before the SEC showdown between No. 8 Florida and No. 6 LSU can arrive, two more days must pass. Our mission: Keep you up-to-date on all of the major news so that all of your energy can be focused on deciding which kind of chips and dip to buy for game day.
Here are four things to know:
- Florida announced early Wednesday afternoon that redshirt freshman defensive back Diondre Porter has been suspended indefinitely. The announcement came after Porter was charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor for aggravated assault.
- Vernon Hargreaves III has established himself as one of the top defenders in college football, but he’s also pretty high on ESPN draft guru Todd McShay’s list of top 32 prospects for the 2016 NFL Draft.
- Quarterback Will Grier’s suspension has been analyzed and discussed by countless people, but on Tuesday, one person who knows Grier pretty well decided to weigh — his dad.
- There is no love lost between Florida and Florida State, and former Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston just added more fuel to that fire.
More Florida news from around the Internet:
- The Washington Post took a close look at whether or not the Gators can contend for the College Football Playoff without Grier.
The best stories from around the SEC:
- The SEC apparently isn’t too happy about one presidential candidate creating a logo that is strikingly similar to theirs.
- This video shows that South Carolina’s new interim coach may be more than a little intense.
- Speaking of the Head Ball Coach, his absence from college football won’t be too long. Spurrier will appear on “College Gameday” this Saturday.