The Florida Gators left Death Valley with a 35-28 loss at the hands of the LSU Tigers. Gators fans really shouldn’t be too upset with how the team played. Tiger Stadium is one of the hardest stadiums in the SEC to play at, and the young Gators team held its own and had a chance to tie on the final play.
UF still controls its own destiny in the SEC East. Florida has a bye week before playing UGA on Halloween. A win in Jacksonville will almost guarantee a berth in the SEC Championship game. Before we get there, here’s what you need to know today.
Here are four things to know:
- Jim McElwain says the sun will come up on Sunday. As I have said previously, this loss shouldn’t upset Florida fans. This season has been a huge success already and, who knows, perhaps Florida will have a chance for redemption in the SEC Championship game against LSU.
- Good news on the way for Will Grier? What a shot in the arm this would be for Florida moving forward.
- Antonio Callway continues to shine for the Gators. Let me remind you, this kid is a freshman. He’s going to be vital for Florida’s success moving forward.
- Jim McElwain calls the play Florida lost on “awesome.” You have to give it to McElwain, he’s a great sport and a good example for his players.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Former Florida QB Jeff Driskel is having a very good season for Louisiana Tech. As Gators fans, you have to be happy that he has found success elsewhere.
- Can Florida really call itself “Defensive Back University after that performance? The secondary was not good against LSU. Florida players shouldn’t mention “DBU” again this season.