5 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Happy Tuesday, Gators fans.
Since the big win over Ole Miss, I thought about one quote in particular from Will Muschamp’s final press conference — shortly after he was fired. He said, “Don’t let that new guy tell you he ain’t got no good players.” He was right.
Florida’s got good players, and those guys are finally executing at a high level — something that didn’t happen with Jim McElwain’s predecessor. That effort doesn’t look like it’s going to stop soon and coach McElwain is saying all of the right things.
Here are five things every Gator fan must know today:
- McElwain doesn’t think Florida is going to be a one-hit wonder. He’s confident that his Gators will continue playing well. Just look at some of those quotes.
- Florida is now a championship contender under McElwain. Should Florida fans be thinking about a potential championship this season? It’s not out of the realm of possibility.
- The Florida-LSU game time announced. Don’t look too far ahead, but this one should be a fun one.
- Florida’s offensive line has made tremendous progress. This was supposed to be a glaring weakness for the Gators, but the unit has played well thus far.
- A 3-star running back de-commited from Florida. He had been committed to UF since March.
Other Florida news from around the web:
- Orlando Sentinel: Jim McElwain wants to avoid complacency after dominant win
- Grantland: An interesting look at where Florida was when Will Muschamp left and where it is now
- ESPN: Is Florida back?
- Gainesville Sun: Gators grant wish of young cancer patient
More news from around the SEC:
- Auburn dismissed wide receiver Duke Williams. He was on a zero-tolerance policy and received his third strike this past weekend.
- Watch Alabama coach Nick Saban go on tirade against the media. Saban going off on the media? What a surprise!
- Missouri quarterback Drew Lock will get a second straight start.
- Colin Cowherd said LSU has no chance of beating Alabama and doesn’t believe Alabama is an elite team either.
- The title of this YouTube video says it all: “Things SEC fans say”