We are two days away from the SEC championship and potentially one of the bigger upsets in the game’s history. Florida is the second biggest underdog, but the Gators aren’t going into that game with doubt. Can the Gators get the job done?
Here are five things you need to know today:
- The seniors have decided to reinstate Florida wide receiver Demarcus Robinson
- Former Alabama QB Greg McElroy calls Jim McElwain a “really good teacher”
- The depths of Florida’s quarterback woes: It’s deeper than Treon Harris
- Former Gators defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin is now a college football head coach
- Billy Donovan said the move from college to the pros has helped strengthen his family
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The loss in the 2009 SEC Championship game still haunts Tim Tebow to this day (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
- Jim McElwain might be Nick Saban’s biggest coaching prodigy (Christopher Walsh, Bleacher Report)
The best stories around the SEC
- Mark Richt is expected to return to his alma mater and take over the Miami program.
- See how current and former Miami players reacted to the news.
- Richt already has an advantage before he even starts.
- If LSU decides to shake up its assistant coaching staff, here are some potential candidates.
- Could this be Nick Saban’s final year at Alabama? Paul Finebaum thinks it is if this happens.