Florida’s Thursday started the same way as the day prior, with a de-commitment from a 3-star defensive end. But both defections had been expected, so they didn’t cause Jim McElwain to lose any sleep. In fact, he’s probably still pumped from the landing the nation’s No. 1 junior college kicker. He also has a pretty good compliance staff.
Here are seven things to know:
- See how UF will avoid NCAA sanctions for the publicized mid-year recruit who just de-committed.
- Florida’s new recruiting strategy eliminates need for financial aid agreements.
- McElwain’s reaction to Eddy Pineiro choosing UF is absolutely priceless.
- The Gators had their second de-commitment in as many days on Thursday.
- A 4-star defensive tackle chose Auburn over three other finalists, including Florida.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Clearing up confusion on Florida’s maximum class size (Thomas Goldkamp/247Sports)
- Several UF underclassmen interested in draft prospects (Scott Carter/Florida Gators)