Florida coordinators Doug Nussmeier and Geoff Collins met the media Wednesday at the Citrus Bowl for the first time since the preseason. Afterward, the UF coaches and players took part in a special event.
Twenty minutes away, one of Florida’s commits stood out during the second day of the Under Armour All-America practices. Two more recruits there told SEC Country they plan to visit UF in January.
Here are five things to know:
- Friday’s matchup with Michigan is meaningful for Nussmeier, but it also matters to Collins.
- This Gators commit could be on the verge of becoming a five-star recruit.
- Arguably the most impressive wide receiver at the Under Armour practices is giving UF his last visit.
- Florida is one of three SEC schools this four-star tight end will check out next month.
- The Gators football team spent time with local kids during a Boys & Girls Clubs event in Orlando.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- The real reason Jim McElwain blessed Will Grier’s transfer (Mike Bianchi/Orlando Sentinel)
- What Florida should do in the Citrus Bowl (Andy Hutchins/Alligator Army)