The new year couldn’t have started much worse for the Florida football program, but January promises to be a productive month for coach Jim McElwain & Co.
UF saw its season skid to an embarrassing end Friday, but the future looked bright for the Gators in the Citrus Bowl on Saturday with the commitments who competed in the Under Armour All-America Game. Florida hopes to add more recruits to the 2016 class this month with the contact period beginning in two weeks.
Here are five things to know:
- The Gators say complacency doomed them after reaching uncharted waters in 2015.
- Florida Report Card: A dreadful bowl game for the Gators vs. Michigan.
- UF alumni react to Michigan loss: “The game was a complete waste of time.”
- Four future Gators outshine other committed recruits during Under Armour week.
- Florida commit signs on to play in the next Under Armour All-America Game.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Embarrassing loss, but a bright future for Florida (Pat Dooley/Gainesville Sun)
- Three things learned from the Gators’ loss to Michigan (Edgar Thompson/Orlando Sentinel)