The contact period got off to a flying start Thursday, with Florida coaches seeing more than a dozen recruits.
The most interesting visit was made to an in-state prospect who committed to a UF rival just earlier this week. The Gators football team also scheduled a non-conference home game.
Here are five things to know:
- Jim McElwain and his assistants were out in full force on the opening day of the contact period.
- Five UF coaches stopped by the school of new Tennessee pledge Marcus Tatum. Will he visit the Gators this weekend?
- This four-star linebacker had a ‘fantastic’ in-home visit with Florida.
- UF will see an elite wide receiver Friday before he officially visits another SEC school.
- Florida’s future non-conference schedule is taking shape.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Gators bolster QB options in Year 2 under Jim McElwain (Scott Carter/Florida Gators)
- Jelani Jenkins excited to graduate college, bounce back in 2016 (Jeremy Warnemuende/247Sports)