Florida got bad news from a couple wide receiver recruits Monday, but that didn’t eliminate the elation Gators fans felt after two junior football players decided to return to the team for 2016.
UF coach Jim McElwain and his assistant coaches were back on the road visiting prospects, and a pair of All-Americans named Florida as one of their finalists.
Here are five things to know:
- Linebacker Jarrad Davis and safety Marcus Maye will be back for their senior seasons. What does this mean for the defense?
- The UF staff saw a half-dozen Gators commits for in-home visits.
- Florida missed out on a four-star receiver and is no longer a favorite for the nation’s No. 4 wideout.
- This elite linebacker named two SEC schools among his group of finalists.
- The top-ranked athlete nationally released a new list of top schools.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Gators in the NFL – Divisional Round Playoffs (Benjamin Schmitz/Florida Gators)
- Weekend Review: Florida teams sweep competitions again (Andy Hutchins/Alligator Army)