Happy Monday, Gators fans! No surprises here, Florida was busy on the recruiting trail this weekend. Orlando’s The Opening Regionals event also took place, so we’ve got lots to catch you up on.
Here are five things to know:
- See who Florida’s newest commitment is for the Class of 2019.
- The nation’s No. 3 defensive end feels very comfortable at Florida.
- The Gators are hoping they can get this five-star Auburn commit to change his mind.
- Quarterback commit Jake Allen made a big splash at The Opening on Sunday, earning him the praise of several in attendance.
- If you missed The Opening, here were some updates from the day’s events.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- More on The Opening and how Florida’s commits fared from SB Nation’s Bud Elliott.
- On the basketball end of the spectrum, here’s a lovely piece about a local boy and his bond with the Gators’ Zach Hodskins, written by Adam Wynn of the Barrow County News.
The best stories around the SEC
- Super Bowl MVP Von Miller – also Johnny Manziel’s former teammate — thinks Manziel could be on the right path toward turning his life around.
- Former Kentucky basketball star Anthony Davis had a record-breaking night Sunday against the Pistons.
- Check out Gus Malzahn’s new whip.
- A linebacker from Georgia is favoring Auburn right now over the other four SEC schools on his list.