Time flies. It seems like just a few weeks ago the Gators were vying for an SEC Championship and Jim McElwain was wrapping up his first season as the new head coach. Now it’s already time for spring practice again, and Florida is hitting the ground running.
Here are five things to know:
- In case you missed it, SEC Country had a live blog running for the first day of practice. Check it out.
- Two suspended players are not practicing right now.
- The SEC has been a harsh critic of Jim Harbaugh ever since he announced his team would practice in Florida for a week over spring break. McElwain, however, gave him kudos.
- What should you expect from Florida this spring in terms of identity?
- See where McElwain and the Gators stand with a four-star offensive tackle.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- For all you Florida students, the University announced student ticket info for the upcoming season.
- More on the two Florida suspended players, from The Associated Press.
- In some hoops news, the Gators will start SEC tournament play Thursday, and need a solid showing to make the NCAA tourney, the Florida Times-Union’s Mark Long wrote.