Happy Monday, Florida fans! For those of you who got your March Madness overdose this weekend, good news: Today is all football news for the Gators. Hope you had a great weekend.Let’s dive in.
Here are five things to know:
- In case you missed it, the Gators hosted more than a dozen recruits over the weekend.
- Check out why Florida’s offensive coordinator decided to stay in Gainesville instead of take a head coaching job elsewhere.
- Florida could have a chance at landing this quarterback if things go well in the future.
- According to a report, cornerback Vernon Hargreaves has eight NFL meetings on tap.
- This five-star recruit was pleasantly surprised with how much he enjoyed his trip to Florida.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- There were some rumblings regarding moving the Florida-UGA game to Atlanta instead of Jacksonville. The Florida Times-Union’s Gene Frenette made the case that anywhere other than Jacksonville wouldn’t make sense.
- Florida’s new defensive backs coach is seeing the benefits of his work on the recruiting trail come to fruition, GatorCountry’s Andrew Spivey wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Caylin Newton got some help from his big bro, NFL MVP Cam Newton, this weekend.
- Kentucky is known for the one-and-done culture. So who should you expect on the Wildcats’ team next year? Here’s our projection.
- Of Kentucky’s five starters, only one really has something to think about in terms of the declaring for the NBA. For the rest it’s essentially a lock.
- According to a report, Johnny Manziel has found a new agent to hire after his previous one left him.