It was an interesting day for Florida coach Jim McElwain. He discussed his disappointing quarterback play and had an awkward conversation with a pizza delivery guy. Yes, this isn’t a joke.
Here are five things to know:
- McElwain didn’t seem overly pleased with the quarterbacks during last weekend’s scrimmage, but is encouraged by their progression.
- McElwain used a Domino’s delivery guy to settle a debate about Joe Namath. Unfortunately, he wasn’t satisfied with the innocent delivery man’s answer.
- The nation’s No. 1 wide receiver, Donovan Peoples-Jones, visited Gainesville, Fla., on Sunday. Read about how this pivotal visit went.
- Here’s a roundup of the news and notes from McElwain’s Monday presser.
- Florida is among one of the finalists to land the son of Hall of Fame basketball player Rick Barry.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- GatorCountry.com’s Nick De La Torre wrote about the highly competitive quarterback battle.
The best stories around the SEC
- Could an SEC coach be heading to a town near you? It’s possible. SEC coaches may be allowed to host satellite recruiting camps soon.
- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp seems excited to take on UGA coach Kirby Smart this season.
- Former Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott went under the microscope with ESPN analyst Jon Gruden.