5 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Tuesday wasn’t as hectic as Monday’s news blitz but there is no such thing as a slow news day around this time of the SEC year. No. 8 Florida has a big game on the horizon, but until the game gets here, we will do our best to keep you informed on every little bit of Gators news out there. So let’s get started.
Here are five things to know:
- Quarterback Treon Harris has a lot on his plate as he prepares for Saturday’s game against No. 6 LSU, but that didn’t stop him from showing his support for suspended teammate Will Grier on Tuesday.
- Harris isn’t the only one with a lot on his plate, however. After Grier’s suspension, the Gators have yet another distraction that they will need to overcome to stay undefeated.
- Former Florida coach Steve Spurrier officially announced his retirement on Tuesday, prompting Gators athletic director Jeremy Foley and current coach Jim McElwain to share their feelings on The Head Ball coach.
- There is a lot of excitement around Florida after its 6-0 start, but there are still plenty of questions. One of those questions: What bowl game will the Gators play in, at season’s end? It’s too early to know that answer, but the latest bowl projections may give fans a clue.
- There is no shortage of people willing to comment on Grier’s suspension. But on Tuesday, one jab came from a pretty surprising place.
Other Florida stories from around the Internet:
- Florida should be able to win the SEC East without Grier. They still have an elite defense after all.
Best stories around the SEC:
- South Carolina named the man who would replace Spurrier on Tuesday. For the time being, that is.
- This spoof video markets a new toy that resembles Alabama’s defense and isn’t what we would call “kid friendly.”
- Sometimes it’s hard to believe that some of the things LSU running back Leonard Fournette does are humanly possible. Well, ESPN’s “Sports Science” made it their mission to figure out how he is so dominant.