5 things every Florida fan needs to know today
Jim McElwain met with the media Monday. As I hinted in yesterday’s links, there was no way McElwain was going to let his team look past Florida Atlantic, a team that views its game against Florida this weekend as its “Super Bowl,” with the Gators still in the Playoff hunt and facing Florida State on Nov. 28.
Here are five things to know:
- Florida QB Will Grier has taken a big step forward in his appeals process.
- On the same day news about Grier’s appeal broke, his father posted this picture showing shirts Will’s family and friends have made as he battles his suspension.
- Florida’s regular-season finale against Florida State will kick off in prime time.
- Three important Gators will miss the Florida Atlantic game.
- The Gators have jumped up in SEC Country’s Power Rankings.
Other Florida news from around the Internet
- Florida basketball officially signs two talented prospects. (Thomas Goldkamp, 247Sports)
- Florida basketball opens the Mike White era at home with a 50-point win. (Edgar Thompson, Orlando Sentinel)
- Florida is only focusing on FAU despite what obviously lies ahead. (Jesse Simonton, Miami Herald)
The best stories from around the SEC
- Alabama running back Kenyan Drake gets good news on the injury front.
- Nation’s No. 1 prospect gives Ole Miss some good news.
- Missouri lost its first commitment since Gary Pinkel announced his resignation.
- SEC Country’s latest Power Rankings are out.
- Derrick Henry is flying up the leaderboard as most likely to win the Heisman Trophy.