After hosting four offensive linemen during the first weekend of the January contact period, front-seven defenders were the focus of Florida’s official visits this past weekend.
UF brought in a pair of linebackers, a four-star defensive tackle and two of the top defensive ends in the nation. The Gators may also have a recruiting battle brewing with one of their DE commits.
Here are last weekend’s six biggest UF recruiting stories:
- The Gators made their case for a five-star recruit who is considering two other SEC schools and one of Florida’s rivals.
- The nation’s No. 2 defensive end has shut down his recruitment and won’t take any more visits.
- A Miami linebacker had to “separate real from fake” after trips to Alabama and Florida.
- UF is working to secure a solid linebacker class as National Signing day nears.
- The Gators will get the final visit from their top tight end target after he missed his previously scheduled trip to Florida.
- This UF commit is facing a “hard decision” after visiting another school last weekend.